Frequently Asked Questions
We have many clients that used to deliver payslips using email but were having numerous problems with this.
- Employees were forgetting their user names and passwords
- Employees would attempt their password 3 times and get blocked from the system
- Email payslips were bouncing or being reverted to their junk folder
Due to these issues, employees would have countless payslip queries per month. Jem Payslips eradicates all of these issues using WhatsApp as the channel for delivery.
Jem HR offers a reporting module so you can track when an employee has received or read any form of communication (including their payslip). When an employee changes their number, they simply message the Jem HR WhatsApp chatbot using the new number, and reauthenticate. Our system will update their number automatically. Jem is also BCEA compliant.
Your data is safe with Jem.
Jem’s data and security is monitored by Drata, a leading US security and compliance platform. This means you can be sure your data is secure with us.
Our data is also hosted by Google Cloud Services using industry-standard encryption. Data is not shared with any 3rd parties and is only used to provide services to your employees via Whatsapp which uses end-to-end encryption. All the above is fully POPIA compliant. Employees are also required to self-authenticate using 2-factor authentication when interacting with Jem for the first time.
- By contacting Jem though WhatsApp/USSD Line, employees can see their available balance, request an advance, and contact our customer success representatives.
- If an employee chooses to take a salary advance, Jem will pay the requested amount directly into the employee's bank account.
- At the end of the given pay cycle, Jem shall provide you with:
- An reconciliation of all the advances inclusive of a deduction sheet.
- An invoice for the amounts advanced and the fees for the services/advances provided.
- You pay Jem the total advanced amounts, plus the fees, on the same day as your normal pay run.
- The fees and advanced amounts shall be deducted from the employee's payslip.
No, once your Jem profile is active on WhatsApp, you will receive your payslip immediately as they are sent out by your employer.
Jem does not offer loans, but we do however offer advances on your salary which is payable on your payday.
You can request an advance via our USSD line *120*20030# cost: 40c per 20 seconds for our line
You can also contact our customer service line on 087 058 0944.