HR & Payroll
Our HR & Payroll software uses WhatsApp to let you instantly send payslips & critical information, and give your employees access to their earnings when they need it most.
Eliminate Loan Requests
Take the effort out of administering loans and empower your workforce with Earned Wage Access, a tool that lets employees withdraw a portion of their earnings before their normal payday.
What Can Jem Do For You?
How It Works
Choose your Jem Product and join an onboarding call for easy setup. Get access to your personalized company dashboard.
Easily transfer your employee data from your current payroll system. Download it in CSV format and effortlessly upload it to the Jem dashboard. Our team is here to assist you throughout the process
Our supply you with posters, WhatsApp images, and SMS templates to inform your employees about Jem's availability. Once they have the Jem number, they can easily self-register in just 30 seconds
What Our Clients Have To Say About Jem
Password Protected & POPI Compliant
Send out IRP5s at the click of a button
Make tracking employee time and attendance easier using WhatsApp
Give your employees access to a high interest saving account at no cost to you
End-to-end, compliant document exchange using WhatsApp
Frequently Asked Questions
We have many clients that used to deliver payslips using email but were having numerous problems with this.
- Employees were forgetting their user names and passwords
- Employees would attempt their password 3 times and get blocked from the system
- Email payslips were bouncing or being reverted to their junk folder
Due to these issues, employees would have countless payslip queries per month. Jem Payslips eradicates all of these issues using WhatsApp as the channel for delivery.
We have many clients that used to deliver payslips using SMS but were having trouble tracking if employees were receiving their payslips or not. This is because employees were changing their cell numbers so regularly. Further, there is no SMS payslip solution on the market that is BCA compliant.
Jem HR offers a reporting module so you can track when an employee has received or read any form of communication (including their payslip). When an employee changes their number, they simply message the Jem HR WhatsApp line using the new number, confirm their ID Number and the last 4 digits of their bank account number (a two-factor authentication process), and our system will update their number automatically. Jem is also BCA compliant.
Yes, absolutely. Jem works with all payroll systems as a simple-add on feature. We simply make payslips available to your employees via WhatsApp with no changes to your existing payroll system.
Once we have a signed quote from you, our client experience team will set up a 30 minute onboarding call to walk you through the Jem HR dashboard. The last step is for you to send us your employee data, and we take care of the rest! All of this can be completed within 2 days with about 2 hours of input from you required.
A payslip can only be delivered to an employee via their personal cell phone. An employee must first confirm their name, surname, and ID number before they can access their payslip.
Employers are given secure access to their own dashboard and interface where they can send announcements, polls and surveys. Employees can then view the announcements, polls and surveys sent by the employer via the JemWhatsApp chatbot.
Our data is hosted by Google Cloud Services using industry-standard encryption. Data is not shared with any 3rd parties and is only used to provide services to your employees via Whatsapp which uses end-to-end encryption.
All the above is fully POPIA compliant.
Employees are also required to self-authenticate using 2-factor authentication when interacting with Jem for the first time.
You can upload leave balances and employees can then view leave balances on the Jem chatbot.
- By initiating contact with Jem though WhatsApp/USSD Line, employees can request a portion of their accrued pay, see their available balance, ascertain outstanding balance and initiate contact with one of our customer success representatives for any and all user assistance requirements.
- If an employee chooses to take a salary advance during the course of the specific month, Jem shall make payment of the requested amount directly into the employee bank account, within 1 (one) business day.
- At the end of the given pay cycle, the Jem shall provide you with:
- An itemised reconciliation of all the advances inclusive of a deduction sheet.
- An invoice for the amounts advanced and the fees for the services/advances provided.
- For the service provided, you pay us the total advanced amounts, plus the prescribed fees, on the same day as your normal pay run.
- The prescribed fees and advanced amounts shall be deducted from the users/employees payslips, unless otherwise agreed for the employer to pay the prescribed fees.
Book A Demo or
- Get a free consultation of your HR system and an overview of the Jem platform from a product expert
- Discuss your key problems and explore tools that could help solve them
- Get pricing based on your size and needs