Monthly saving on printing & distributing payslips
Reduction in workload
- Fragmented communication - which largely relied on word-of-mouth - to a large distributed workforce negatively impacted employee relations.
- Non-compliance with labour law as it related to employees receiving their payslips in a secure manner, on time.
- High operational burden and cost associated with payslip distribution to frontline employees working on different sites across the country.
- Employees’ ‘money troubles’ impacted business productivity due to absenteeism and absconsions.- Operational burden associated with processing staff loan and advance requests.
Delays in payslip distribution
- Jem’s Comms product has enabled the Oryx Group to streamline all communication from management to employees, resulting in all employees receiving the same message via WhatsApp, at the same time, directly from the source.
- Jem’s Digital Payslip product ensures that Oryx Group employees receive their payslips securely and on time - the business is now fully compliant in this regard.
- The Oryx Group saves R500K every month on printing and distributing payslips now that they send payslips to employees using WhatsApp via Jem.
- Jem’s Earned Wage Access product gives employees a much-needed, non-credit lifeline to make ends meet - a safer alternative to payday loans. This has resulted in a drastic decrease in absconsions and absenteeism.
- By using Jem’s Earned Wage Access product, payroll teams get back up to 15% of their working time.